Make Your Sanford Home More Energy Efficient With Window Treatments
- August 20, 2014
Keeping your Sanford area home comfortable throughout the year is mainly a matter of maintaining a high-quality heating and cooling system, but there are methods of improving home efficiency that will relieve pressure from your HVAC system. Energy-efficient window treatments are ideal for keeping conditioned air indoors. These treatments can also be used to prevent the sun from heating up the inside of your home during the summer.
Energy-Efficient Window Treatments
Here are your options when it comes to adding window treatments for energy efficiency.
- Awnings can be strategically placed on certain windows around your home to keep the sun from heating the interior in the summer. Durable materials that are resistant to weather and mold damage make awnings a long-lasting solution.
- Blinds are best for keeping heat out in the summer. Blinds are not the best solution for keeping heat from escaping in the winter, but these treatments can be used in conjunction with other options to provide year-round efficiency.
- Drapes help keep interior air cool while preventing heat from entering your home. Be sure to opt for drapes that are made for this purpose. Drapes can be opened during the day in winter to let heat in and closed at night to prevent heat loss.
- Films reflect the sun’s rays away from your home to prevent interior heating during the summer without requiring you to keep your windows covered. These treatments are best used in hot climates.
- Screens help to diffuse radiation from the sun in the summer. Full-window screens are ideal for keeping your home cooler when placed in windows facing east or west.
Professional Services For HVAC Efficiency
While using energy-efficient window treatments will help you lower your energy bills by improving efficiency, the only way to create a truly efficient indoor environment is by investing in a high-quality heating and cooling system that is kept maintained throughout the year. Contact Comfort Service, Inc. for HVAC installation, repair and maintenance services in Sanford and the surrounding areas.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com