Need a New Furnace? 7 Telltale Signs
- December 06, 2013
North Carolina’s winters are short, but your furnace is still an important part of keeping your family comfortable for a small part of the year. You may not think that your furnace gets much of a workout, but here are seven telltale signs that you need a new furnace:
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs. This is a surefire warning sign that your furnace is at the end of its expected lifespan. Instead of spending lots of money on frequent repairs, you are likely better off investing in a new unit.
- Your energy bills keep going up. You haven’t changed your temperature settings but your furnace seems to be causing higher energy bills anyway. You may also notice your furnace cycling between on and off more often than in the past as well. These are good indications that it might be time to start shopping for a new unit.
- Your house is heating unevenly. Are some of the rooms in your house hotter or cooler than others? If so, your furnace is likely having a hard time keeping your house at desired comfort levels. This is often a sign that your furnace may be failing.
- You notice humidity issues. Are you starting to notice condensation on your windows or walls? Condensation and humidity in the home might be a sign that your furnace isn’t functioning as well as it could.
- You hear strange noises. Is your furnace rattling, buzzing or humming? Strange noises coming from your unit is a good indication that you should start shopping for a new furnace.
- You notice more dust. Perhaps you’ve noticed rust or soot as well. An increase in the dust, soot and rust particles coming from your furnace is a telltale sign that you will need a new furnace soon.
- You notice rust. If you notice rust or corrosion on your unit, or any of its components, this is a sure sign that your unit will likely fail soon.
For more information on when to consider replacing your furnace, contact our professionals at Comfort Services, Inc. We serve all of Moore County.