Look for the Energy Star Logo and Enjoy Savings, Quality and Performance
- January 15, 2014
Some homeowners may be hesitant to invest money in new appliances, but they may not realize how beneficial purchasing Energy Star products can be. While the initial investment may deter you from making a purchase, consider the long-term savings and advantages that come with purchasing energy efficient appliances. Here are the major benefits you can expect when you purchase a product with the Energy Star logo:
- Reduced utility costs – For many homeowners, the main benefit of Energy Star appliances is savings. While savings will vary depending on the household, you can expect to save up to 30 percent in utility bills. Over the lifetime of these appliances, this may add up to thousands of dollars in utility savings.
- Improved performance – As a result of improvements in design and technology, appliances with the Energy Star logo are known to perform better than standard appliances. They often use less water, make less noise and require less maintenance.
- Tax credits – Products with the Energy Star logo may cost more than traditional models, but you can find ways to offset these expenses. Depending on the product(s) you purchase, you may qualify for a tax credit to help cover the initial investment of the appliance. Not all products qualify, so make sure you double check before your purchase in order to ensure the product is eligible.
- Better quality and durability – Energy Star qualified appliances are typically built with higher quality parts than older or less efficient models. Due to the quality and durability of these appliances, maintenance costs are usually minimal. You can also expect Energy Star appliances to last longer than standard appliances.
- Environmentally friendly – Of course, in addition to the benefits listed above, products with the Energy Star logo also have a positive impact on our environment. They help lower greenhouse gas emissions, water usage, air pollutants and reduce the use of fossil fuels.
If you’re considering upgrading to more energy efficient appliances, our heating and cooling experts can help. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Comfort Services Inc. today.